Carl and Lillian Forslund started our company in Ironwood, MI in 1950 as a sawmill with a small retail sales office. In 1962, a new office and warehouse were built at the present Ironwood location. Many expansions were added over the years at the Ironwood location. Paul Forslund, the current president, started full-time at the company in 1970. In 1974, the company was incorporated under Forslund Building Supply, Inc. New locations have been added throughout the years: Ashland, WI in 1985, Land O’ Lakes, WI in 1990, and Iron River, MI in 1996. In April 2001, we moved our Iron River store to a 12,000 ft. store in Caspian, MI. The Ironwood location is a Do-It Center, Land O’ Lakes is a Do-It-Best Store, and Caspian is a Do-It-Best Store. In 2009 Ashland moved locations once again and downsized to a sales office. We are proud of continuing our business relationships with our customers and vendors for over 60 years.
Our mission: To supply quality materials, provide high customer service, and sell at competitive prices to our customers in our market area. By providing this service, it is our goal to continue to reinvest in our company and provide an environment for our customers, associates, and vendors to grow and prosper.